4 million American Gen Xers turn fifty each year and leave the over-valued 18-49 demographic to join the Boomers in the world’s 3rd largest economy. Boomer / neXt is the socio-cultural authority on this vibrant blended generation.
Managing partners Barry Robertson in Boulder, Colorado and Marc Matthews in New York City lead a future-focused team coaching brands to re-imagine and re-generate in the 50+ space.
- OK Boomer Jumps the Shark as the Boomer Economy Rides the Wave
- Why Americans 50-Plus are the Engine of EV Success
- 50 Years of Woodshtick
- Times Square Drops The Ball Once A Year: Madison Avenue Drops It Every Day
- Amazing News! Millennials ARE Driving. And Their Cars Are A Mess.
- Gen X Marketers: Older Now, But Still Runnin’ Against The Wind
- How Detroit And Boomers Killed The American Sedan, As Seen Through The Overton Window
- Boomers Bounce Back As Millennial Members Shrink
- Colorado’s Frozen Dead Guy Cure For Creative Snow Blindness
- Gone In 2017: Two Who Turned Boomer World On With Their Smiles
Monthly Archives: April 2015
Dispatches from the goldfish bowl Not long ago, big city media commentators were opining on the impending demise of the auto industry. Serious publications discussed the implications; even the New York Times pondered whether the end of car culture was imminent. This was partly linked, … Continue reading
Boomer reinvention versus retirement: it’s in our generational DNA As most everyone in car-world has heard, Jeremy Clarkson, 55, lead host of the BBC’s long-running TV show “Top Gear”, was sacked recently. It seems he was, well, a Boomer behaving badly in what Auntie discreetly referred … Continue reading
Are smartphone marketers smart enough? Reporting on the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas (CES 2015), NPR reporter Aarti Shahani reviewed the cool new crop of low-price products and asked: “when it comes to smartphones, are Americans dumb?” It’s a provocative question, one that … Continue reading
If travel to Cuba is eased, it won’t just be a Millennial thing On April 2nd, 2015, rental-by-owner leader Airbnb announced an amazing breakthrough; it is expanding into Cuba with an initial roster of a thousand properties. Had they announced a day earlier, most of us … Continue reading